Your Brother MFC L2700DW is a versatile machine capable of print, copy, scan, and fax. It can even print envelopes. With so many functions at your disposal, there can be a learning curve when trying to execute certain tasks. That being said, using the Brother MFC L2700dw to fax can require some proper guidance. Therefore, I have listed out step by step instructions on how to send and receive fax using your Brother MFC L2700dw.
Before we begin, make sure your Brother MFC L2700DW machine’s fax is set up. For easy to follow step by step instructions on how to setup fax, click here. Once setup is complete, you are ready to send and receive fax.
How to Send a Fax:
1. Press “FAX” button.
Press the “FAX” button below the display screen and illuminate it.
2. Insert the document you want faxed by either:
- Using the ADF. This is the paper feeder tray at the top of the printer. Open the tray and insert the documents face up. This is the recommended method if multiple pages need to be faxed.
- Using the scanner glass. Open the scanner/copier hood by using the handle located above the LCD display screen. Then place the document face down and accurately lined with the measurement markers.
3. Enter the Fax Number.
Use the dial pad located to the right of the display screen to enter the fax number you want your documents sent to.
4. Press “Start”.
Begin the fax by pressing the green “Start” button on the lower, right-hand side of the control panel. This will enable your Brother MFC-L2700dw machine to scan the documents and fax them over to their destination.
If you are using the scanner glass to fax multiple pages, you will have additional options:
- To fax the next page, press “1” to select the “Yes” option. Then place the next page face down on the scanner glass and press “OK” to scan the page
- If you have scanned the last page, press “2” to select the “No (Send)” option. The last page will then be faxed.
To stop the fax, press the red “Stop/Exit” button.
Remember to retrieve your documents from your Brother MFC L2700DW machine once fax is complete.
How to Receive a Fax:
Receiving fax using your Brother MFC L2700DW is pretty straightforward. Your machine should be ready to receive fax as soon as the fax set up has been successfully completed.
If you would like to check whether your machine can receive fax or not, you can use FaxZero to send yourself a test fax.
When receiving fax also be sure that your machine has both the DR-630 drum cartridge and the Brother TN-630 or TN-660 toner cartridge is inserted inside the machine otherwise you will not be able to print any incoming fax.
If incoming faxed documents are coming in light, faded, streaked or blemished, the toner cartridge may be near the end of its life in which case you will need to replace it. If incoming faxed documents are coming in with blemished markings on the edge of the page, the drum cartridge will need to be replaced.