Your Brother DCP-L2550DW can print, copy, and scan by way of wireless connection. All you need to do is perform Wifi setup and you can use your printer from anywhere in your home and office without a pesky cable or cord. To setup wireless Wifi connection is simple. Before we begin, make sure you have wireless connection available. Then track your modem-router and identify the network name (SSID) and Network Key (Password)
Once you have those, you are ready to setup Wifi wireless connection for your Brother DCP-L2550DW printer.
- Make sure your Brother DCP-L2550DW printer is on.
- Press the Menu key.
- Use the down arrow button on the printer’s control panel and select “Network” and press OK.
- Use the down arrow button on the printer’s control panel to select “WLAN” and press OK.
- Use the down arrow button on the printer’s control panel to select “Setup Wizard” and press OK.
- The message “WLAN Enable?” will appear. Press the down arrow button to select On.
- Your printer will now search and display a list of available SSIDs (Network Names) for you to use. Select your SSID/Network Name with the arrow keys and press OK.
- If your SSID network is encrypted with a Network Key/ password, enter it now and press OK. If your network is not encrypted, go to the next step.
- When you get the "Apply Settings?" message, press the up arrow key for Yes.
- Your machine is now connected to your wireless network.
Nicely done! You have successfully connected your Brother DCP-L2550DW printer to your Wifi and are ready to take advantage of its wireless functionalities. Also, remember to only use quality Brother TN-760 toner cartridges and Brother DR-730 drum cartridges for the best printing results.