Like any other machine, your Brother MFC L2700DW can certainly collect some wear as time passes. With the machine capable of WiFi printing, we can print from anywhere in the room; but the printer, simply stays put. Therefore, dust can easily settle on the machine and - due to our busy schedules - can be easily neglected.
Though this may not seem like an immediate problem, it can certainly lead to some underlying problems in the future. When more and more excess dust is gathered along the vents, wiring and hardware, the machine becomes vulnerable to overheating. This can lead to various problems and and can affect print performance.
An occasional maintenance and cleaning session can divert such issues and can be a fairly simple process with proper guidance.
How to clean your Brother MFC L2700DW:
1. Put on safety gear. Put on a pair of disposable, latex gloves and wear a face mask to prevent inhalation of dust particles. Wear goggles to protect your eyes from any airborne dust.
2. Power off. Turn off your Brother MFC L2700DW machine and unplug the cord.
3. Take out cartridges. Open the machine’s cover door and pull out the toner and drum cartridge unit. Separate the toner cartridge from the drum unit and place both cartridges atop a disposable towel or surface that can be easily cleaned. Cover drum cartridge to prevent it from long exposure to light.
4. Clean cartridges. Get a disposable towel or toner cloth and gently wipe down the exterior, plastic surface of the toner cartridge and drum cartridges. Take extra care when cleaning the drum unit to avoid contact with the roller and the drum itself.
5. Clean machine exterior. Use towel to wipe down the machine’s exterior. Don’t forget to wipe down any external vents located on the sides or back of the machine.
6. Clean machine interior. Use a small, brush with soft bristles to clean the interior walls and compartments of the machine. Use the brush to reach narrow and tight crevices that might otherwise be hard to reach.
7. Spray loose debris. Grab a duster spray and begin to spray the interior compartments to remove any loose debris or toner powder buildup. Point the nozzle straw along the exterior walls and vents of the machine as well. Be gentle when spraying around exposed wiring from the machine.
8. Finish up. Place the drum and toner cartridge unit back into your Brother MFC L2700DW machine and close the cover door.
Providing occasional maintenance on your Brother MFC L2700DW like this will help you avoid potential issues and ensure that your machine will function properly for many more years to come!