You can check the toner usage on each of your Brother TN-310/315 color cartridges installed in your Brother MFC-9970 printer by following some simple steps.
If your printer LCD shows “Toner Low” or “Replace Toner” it may be because you are running low on toner and it’s time to replace it.
Keep in mind that it is important to have a new toner cartridge handy in the event that your toner cartridge is nearing its expiration. If you don't replace the cartridge, your print quality and/or printer functioning may suffer.
Here is how to check your toner level on your Brother MFC-9970CDW:
- Make sure your printer is ON.
- Press “Menu” button on your touchpad.
- Press the following numbers on the keypad : * 2 8 6 4
- A new menu should appear on the screen.
- Press the following numbers on the keypad: 7 7
- Your printer will proceed to print out a page log containing the supply level.
- Press the following numbers to leave the menu: 9 9